The popularity and demand for luxury ranch style homes in Parker Colorado is outpacing our supply.
Builders take note. Home buyers in Douglas County and especially Parker and Castle Pines are requesting main floor living and super high end finishes. They are not asking for the mega mansion with 7,000 sqft and bedrooms that they will see once a year to clean.
Also read: Luxury Horse Ranch in Franktown CO
Luxury ranch style home kitchen
Numbers to think about when considering a custom ranch style home.
- Average sale price for custom ranch homes in 2013 was $939,587
- Average price per above ground sqft for custom ranch homes in 2013 was $308.20
- Average price per total sqft for custom ranch homes in 2013 was $158.55
- Average above ground sqft for custom ranch homes in 2013 was 3,094
NOTE: Below you can view all the custom and luxury ranch homes that sold just in Parker for 2013.
“The empty nesters are unloading their family homes looking for top of the line features and a little smaller ranch style home.”
Top requests from current buyers seeking luxury ranch style homes.
- Smaller sqft than they have now. They are unloading their family homes looking for high end comfort and convenience.
- Main floor master bedroom.
- At least 1 or 2 additional bedrooms on the main level.
- Scratch the formal living room in favor of a large great room.
- Open kitchen with all the appliances one could dream of and make sure the kitchen opens into or is a part of the great room mentioned above.
- Nice size formal dining room. Ideally with access to the outdoor living area or with nice views for the pre-dinner cocktail party.
- Finished basement with an additional bedroom with on suite bath.
- Basement TV room but not necessarily a full blown movie room. More of an entertaining TV room.
- Many are asking for exercise rooms but it isn’t a must.
- Full on bars and over the top wine rooms are cool but not a necessity. A really nice Sub Zero or Miele wine and beverage storage appliance would be best. It takes up less space and would cost much less than a full on room.
Here is a spreadsheet showing all the luxury ranch style homes in Parker CO that sold and closed in 2013. Also check it out below.
Steven Beam is a Realtor in Parker, CO. With 15 years of full time real estate experience in the Parker Colorado real estate market.
More real estate market reports for Parker, CO.
Luxury Custom Home Sales Rise in Parker Colorado
Idyllwilde Neighborhood Home Prices Climbing
Prices Soar in The Timbers Neighborhood for 2013
Pradera Golf Club 2013 Home Sales Report
Stonegate Village Year End Real Estate Report 2013