The national media has been reporting price appreciation and a lot of activity in the luxury home market. I figured it was time to run the numbers for the Parker CO real estate market and see for myself what the real numbers look like. For this report I will be looking at sold and closed luxury homes in Parker Colorado. My opinion is that with interest rates moving up, the Syria mess and school starting I believe the upward growth in the luxury market has stalled. I’ve noticed price reductions are much more common and the average days on market is going up! Steven Beam
“Luxury home values in Parker CO are up 11.26% in 2013. Now is the time to sell a luxury home in Parker if you have been waiting.”
For a home to be classified as luxury homes in Parker Colorado for this report it must have closed at or above $700,000.
Pradera Neighborhood Home Values First Half of 2013
Douglas County CO Real Estate Market Report
The luxury home market is Parker CO is up across the board.
- Days on market is down 23%. Yes Luxury homes are selling much faster than 2012.
- The average NET sales price is down 4.77%. This is probably caused by the $2.1 million sale in 2012 which is a million $ more than the highest sale in 2013.
- The average price per square foot is up 11.26%
- The average price per finished sqft is up 11.25%
- Find out what your luxury home is worth here.
Luxury Homes Market Stats for Parker Colorado in 2013. The homes below were sold and closed from January 1, 2013 to September 1, 2013.
- Sold Count 68
- Average days on market 145
- Average NET sold price $885,627
- Average price per sqft $247
- Average finished price per sqft $168
- Average difference from asking and sold price 95.68%
- Average price per acre $908,097
- Highest sales price $1,484,500
- Total volume $60,222,621
Now look at the same time period in 2012.
Luxury Home sales graph
- Sold Count 46
- Average days on market 189
- Average NET sold price $930,005
- Average price per sqft $222
- Average finished price per sqft $151
- Average difference from asking and sold price 92.78%
- Average price per acre $865,482
- Highest sales price $2,140,000
- Total volume $42,780,225
Quickly see luxury homes in Parker Colorado for sale.
In my spreadsheet below you will see the average price per sqft and finished sqft information as well as many other property details to help you understand luxury home market values in Parker, CO. You will also find out which neighborhood is the top selling luxury home neighborhood in Parker CO. I will show how the market has changed from 2012 versus 2013 and whether the market is really doing as well as the news media is reporting.
Link to the entire spreadsheet for luxury home sales in Parker Colorado 2013.
Real Estate Market Cool Down
Newlin Meadows Average Price Per SQFT Up 12.78 Percent