Ranch Style or main floor living homes are one of the most highly desired homes on the market today.
Ten years ago I would be lucky to sell 2 to 3 ranch style homes in a single year. Now the requests for main floor living homes are at the top of home buyers lists. These buyers are not looking for your grandparent’s “old school” ranch homes. They are asking for top of the line interiors and over the top finishes.
Every home for sale in The Timbers neighborhood in Parker, Colorado.
Since this has become such a popular style of home I started tracking custom ranch style home sales and here are the sales numbers for ranch homes that have sold in The Timbers this year.
For 2014 there have been 8 custom ranches that have sold in The Timbers.
- Average sale price $789,238
- Average price per square foot $309.52 (above grade sqft not including basement sqft)
- Average price per total sqft $156.11
- Average days on market 106 (this is much less than the market average when considering all homes sold. Ranch homes are selling faster than traditional two story homes.)
- Average difference from asking to selling price 88.98. (This means some ranch style home owners originally asked too much for their homes and had to drop the price to get them sold.) You cannot blame them for trying. The market is good but buyers obviously balked at the over inflated asking price.
- Average age of the sold ranch style homes is 2003.
- Average above ground sqft 2,529
- Average total sqft 5,014
- Average bedrooms is 4.
- Average bathrooms is also 4.
- The highest sale price for a Ranch home in The Timbers was $1,050,000.
- The lowest sale price for a ranch style home in the Timbers was $608,800.
Steven Beam is a Realtor that lives and works in The Timbers neighborhood. 303-941-4663