Top 10 List for 2010 and Parker Colorado!
Here are Steven Beam’s top 10 predictions for Parker Colorado and surrounding areas for 2010. In no particular order.
- John Elway buys Jay Cutler’s house in The Timbers (after it goes to auction)to store his Super Bowl Trophy’s, awards and accolades he “actually won.” He occasionally uses it for parties too.
- Parker will be named as the new location for a large company relocation. (Fortune 500 Company PLEASE) This is more of a wish…Please contact the Parker Economic Development Office if you would like to open or move a large business here.
- The Parker & Douglas County real estate market will see slight price increases with fewer homes on the market. The average sold home price will also be up.
- Home sellers that have been sitting on the sideline for the past 3 years watching home prices slide with curious anticipation will jump off the couch and buy a new home. They will be taking advantage of the Repeat Home Buyer Tax Credit. Sellers will see prices starting to inch up and decide to sell their current home and make the move. They are ready to upgrade their lifestyle. These will be home sellers with higher than average equity in their current homes and have probably lived in their properties for more than 10 years.
- This is more of a plea than a prediction but HOME BUILDERS will you please stop building formal living rooms unless the buyer requests it? ESPECIALLY in smaller homes! Home Builders please make the kitchen and family rooms larger and do away with the wasted space of a formal living room. Hint: nobody uses them…EVER. I’ve never had a request from a buyer that they want a formal living room. NEVER. Stop building them unless requested.
- The Home Buyer Tax Credit and Move Up Buyer Tax credit will be extended again for the second time pushing it out into the summer months when buyers are actually out buying.
- Tiger Woods sells his Florida home to move to the Colorado Golf Club here in Parker. Woods will enjoy the laid back lifestyle of Parker, CO living. He will give up the tournament life for a few years and play golf weekly with Dave Linigar (RE/MAX founder and self made Billionaire) at Dave’s privately owned Sanctuary golf course and The Colorado Golf Club.
- Taxes will go up! That’s all I have to say about that.
- Tokyo Joe’s will FINALLY open a restaurant in Parker Colorado. I’ve emailed, written letters and left numerous tweets begging for Tokyo Joe’s to come to Parker. In 2010 it will happen.
- Short Sales will become streamlined. Banks processing of short sales will be so fast you can close them in a 30 to 45 day span. No more 6-22 months waiting on a call back from an asset manager at the bank. Everyone in the country will want a short sale and they will be easy and fun. NO FREAKING WAY MAN. It’s only going to get worse. Even with the new regulations.
Here’s a “Quick Fact.” Did you know that John Elway is like the Pope in Colorado? (I mean zero disrespect to the Pope ) Back in the Northeast where we have some family it seems like every home we go in they have a picture of the Pope on the wall. Well, in Colorado I show a lot of homes. I’ve been in literally thousands and thousands of homes in Denver. If you live in the Denver Metro I’ve probably been inside your home or one of your neighbor’s homes. Anyway, Denver is like the Northeast except out here people have photos or autographed somethings from John Elway on the walls. ALL OVER THE PLACE. It is true! Trust in me.
I have more but just don’t feel like exposing my craziness anymore tonight. I will add to this list between now and the end of the year so be sure to check back
- I hope you all have a wonderful 2010 and enjoy life to the fullest.
- Spend time with your family and friends and live with a full heart.
- Leave people better off than when you found them.
- Be compassionate especially with our children.
- Be truthful and honest and do the right thing even when it hurts.
- Call or EMAIL Steve and say hello! 303-941-4663.