Douglas County Colorado Ranked # 5 for Young and Wealthy in the Nation
CNN Money released a report a month or so back “Where the jobs are” that ranked Douglas County Colorado as the number 5 spot for wealthy young adults. There is even a mention that some locals have nicknamed the area “Silicon Mountain.”
I guess we have always known this but the rest of the world didn’t. Douglas county is ideally situated between Denver and Colorado Springs and encompasses Parker, Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock and Franktown Colorado. Our quality of life and abundance of amenities have created the perfect location/reason for large companies to decide to relocate here.
- Highly educated workforce.
- Cost of living is low compared to most large cities.
- Housing costs are some of the most reasonable in the country. We have had our share of foreclosures but massive deprecation of property values was contained to a few small areas of the city.
- Douglas County real estate and home prices held steady during the real estate crash.
- Outdoor and open space activities. A well thought out bike trail system allows people to access most parts of the city via their bike, walking or whatever they choose.
- Hiking trails in beautiful open spaces with easy access to State and National Forests and Parks.
- A state of the art light rail system in place and operating with large plans to expand that are already underway and some awaiting approval.
- A very established Denver Center for the Performing Arts venue with a full schedule of world class events and shows.
- Douglas County has a wonderful schools and there are plenty of options for Private schools as well.
- World class museums and the Denver Zoo that will make you want to come back over and over again.
- Oh and don’t forget the best skiing in the WORLD an hour from your door.
- Fishing, hunting, snowshoeing and any other outdoor adventure you can imagine. It’s all here. Except the ocean! Oops.
For more information about moving or starting a business in Parker Colorado contact the Parker Economic Development Council.