The Timbers Neighborhood Market Report June 2017
The Timbers Custom Home Neighborhood in Parker, Colorado Real Estate Market Report June 2017
Everyone driving through The Timbers right now is seeing a lot of for sale signs and wondering what’s up and why does it appear that so many homes are for sale. Guess what? The homes are selling. As of right now there are 13 homes under contract, 20 homes actively for sale and 59 homes have sold and closed in the last 12 months. That puts the current absorption rate at a 4 months supply. That is a solid market!
My last two closings in The Timbers over the past 60 days were a combination of relocations going out and relocations coming in and one was a divorce move. The reality is that many of the original owners in The Timbers have grown kids now that have moved away and these homeowners are now retiring or downsizing. Some of them are actually building new homes up in the new section of The Timbers with the hopes that the new home will fit their home needs in the years to come. So, to answer everyone’s question about the for sale signs…there is no mass exodus out of The Timbers. This is normal market movement.
The Timbers is and always will be a highly desirable place to live. There are very few 100% custom home neighborhoods to choose from in Douglas County where you can get large lots, massive views of the Rocky Mountains and of course the amazing treed lots we are so thankful to have here in The Timbers.
Here are the real estate market numbers for the past 6 months in The Timbers.
- Here is a link to the spreadsheet for The Timbers sales (scroll to the bottom of this page to see the spreadsheet on this page.)
- 34 homes sold in the last 6 months.
- average sale price $928,942
- Timbers average days on market 144
- average $ per sqft above ground $269.03 (I did not separate 2 story from ranch style homes)
- average $ per sqft total sqft $161.64
- average $ per sqft finished $180.00
- our average difference from asking price to final close price 94.41%
- highest sale price in the last 6 months in The Timbers $1,600,000
- lowest sale price in The Timbers in the last 6 months $630,000
Did you know that there is an entire new section of custom home lots available in The Timbers? Are you considering building your own custom home? Or, maybe you want to buy a new custom home without all the hoops of starting from scratch? Call me (303-941-4663) for a list of inventory homes that are near completion and almost ready to move into. Two years ago they release 25 new lots and they are almost completely built out but they do have more available.