In no particular order I will throw down a few of my favorite restaurants around Denver. I’m no food critic or a food snob. Well, maybe a food snob.
We all look for fun things to do with our wives , family and friends so why not support the economy and go out to eat. I remember 10 years ago when you wanted to go out to eat you better get an early start or have a reservation or forget about getting a seat. Restaurants were packed to the roof every night. Remember the boom time of the early 2000’s? I do.
- Best Restaurant period end of story – Fruition. Yum, just typing the name made me hungry. Try it or miss out on one of life’s great pleasures. You will not get in this place (usually) without a reservation. Not a place for kids. Date night or bring one other couple with you. It’s excellent and a fun place to eat and talk.
- ChoLon – 1555 Blake Street #101 Denver, CO 80202 – Very addictive dumplings. Don’t try to share these with your wife unless you both want to go home mad. Whoever eats the last one leaves the other person pissed. I’ve never been here for dinner just lunch and it’s always crowded.
- Colt & Gray – 1553 Platte Street #120 Denver, CO 80202 – Cool place with cool people and excellent food. Good date night with the wife or girl friend.
- Mizuna – 225 East 7th Avenue Denver, CO 80203 – I’ve been here twice and never disappointed. It’s just great food with awesome service. Both times we visited Mizuna we had a blast and left with a very happy belly.
We are going to be trying two other great restaurants in Denver soon. Our next outing will be
- Linger 2030 W. 30th Ave which we have reservations for. This place must be great since we could not get a reservation for almost a month out. I can’t wait. I have friends that eat here regularly (probably why we couldn’t get a reservation) and they all say this is the place to be. We’ll see.
- ll Posta – 2011 East 17th Avenue, Denver – This is another restaurant in Denver that has raving fans. We have a reservation here in a few weeks so I’m excited to see what they have to offer.
Anyway that’s my quick list with all the places that come to mind right now so they must be my favorites. If’ you were looking for fun things to do and wanted a list of good restaurants then here it is. Go try some and let me know what you think.