Parker Colorado Economic Development Council
Parker Colorado Economic Development Council!
Looking to start a business in Douglas County or Parker Colorado? Please contact the EDC for a full overview of the facts and reasons you should conifer Parker as a destination for your new or existing business.
Here are some quick facts I learned during a presentation January 14th given by Becky Hogan with the Parker Colorado Economic Development Council.
- 2010 Town of Parker, Colorado Population 46,260 (incorporated)
- Size: 20.1 square miles
- Build-out projection: Incorporated: 101,500 & Parker trade area: 126,000
- County growth: 63.2% from 2000 to 2009
- Municipality Growth: 96.3% from 2000 – 2010
- 2009 – 17 new commercial permits with a valuation of $32,721,825
- 2008-26 new commercialpermits with a valuation of $36,025,092
- 2009 – 43 new single family detacthed permits with a valuation of $15,667,045
- 2008 – 146 new single family detached permits with a valuation of $46,501,468
- 3.3 Million square feet of retail space total.
- 1.5 Million square feet of industrial space total
- 630,000 square feet of office space total
With it broken down like this:
- Parker 3%
- State 2.9%
- County 1%
- RTD/SCFD/FD 1.2%
Parker’s 3% = 2.5% general fund, .5% Parks, Recreation & Open Space
- 2.93 Average Household
- 31 Average Age
- 82.4% have some college education
- 92.6% Home Ownership
- $94,556 median household income per year
- $333,000 Median Home Value
- Single Family Dwelling New Construction: $60,000 to $4.8 Million
- Single Family Dwelling Resale $50,000 to $1.78 Million
- $145,000 Median Condo Townhouse value
- Sales for Condos/Townhome range from $55,000 $345,000